For Blender 2.8x Eevee Render
Min from "Glass Half".
Notes on how to use the character
- Put your 3D cursor in the Origin of your scene. Choose File > Link and browse the character file
- Go to the Collections and select CH-Max. Make sure "Instance Collections" is enabled. Press Enter.
- The Collection should appear instanced in the Viewport. Select it.
- Choose Object > Relations > Make Proxy...
- In the list, select RIG-Max. If the model is too heavy, enable Simplify in the Render Settings.
- Pose the proxy armature to your liking and enjoy!
Press 'N' in the Viewport to access the rig UI under the tab 'Misc'. However, due to a built-in safety in Blender, this appears only if you saved and reloaded your newly created file first (the rig UI script is linked in with the character, but not immediately registered).