Snow is a generic character rig you can use to learn and practice your animation skills, created by us here at the Blender Studio.
Notes on how to use the character
- Put your 3D cursor in the Origin of your scene. Choose File > Link and browse the character file
- Go to the Collections and select CH-snow. Make sure "Instance Collections" is enabled. Press Enter.
- The Collection should appear instanced in the Viewport. Select it.
- Choose Object > Library Override > Make.
The rig includes all the basic features you may be used to from Rain or our other production rigs:
- IK/FK toggle and snapping for the limbs
- Stretchy IK toggle for the limbs and spine
- FK Hinge toggles and snapping
- IK Parent switching and snapping
- Layered face controls with shape key correctives
- Designed with newcomers and pros both in mind
- No add-ons required! All required scripts are included with the .blend and will auto-run when opening the file.
The rig is free to use, provided that the you respect the CC-BY license and include the credit: Snow Rig © Blender Foundation | studio.blender.org