Follow the latest updates and progress on Sprite Fright.
Thats a wrap! This was the last week of production and at the end of this week? The premiere! Put it in your diaries folkes - Friday 29th October, 5pm CET the newest Blender Open Movie: Sprite Fright goes live.
You can check back on the studio site for the YouTube link closer to the time.
This week I spent partly recovering from the cold, but other than that I did a whole bunch of final comp fixes and tweaks. Specifically I looked at a couple of especially noisy shots and did my best to get the noise free.
This week the team mainly focused on the credits of the movie, it's very exciting to be wrapping things up. As a bonus, Julien (our 3d artist) has been working on some models of Elder Sprite, Ellie and a Sprite for 3D printing. Next week is the online premier! See you there.
This week I mostly worked on the print figures and making of material for the premiere of the movie.
This week was the final week to complete the lighting for the credits and lighting/rendering in general. Because of the limited time we needed to prevent any miscommunication and keep the feedback loop small. Everyone did a fantastic job :)
This week the animation team moved onto promos! They are all incredible and you should check them out immediately. The lighting team are wrapping up and getting the last few final shots to the render farm for the premier that was announced a few days ago. The rest of the team are working on the credits or final touch-ups.
This week I was working on more FX. I ported a bunch of the grease pencil FX by Rik over for rendering, did some salt additions and, most notably, made the FX for when Elder Sprite wipes the bird poop out of his face.
This week we finalized the lighting for grove with additional trash surrounding phil/bbq. Around the end of the week I started adding lighting to the credits, which are a special something.
This week focused on assembling the sets and main assets for the credit slides. Some already have lighting while others are still with the default lighting and some missing materials.
The animation team has wrapped up the final scenes of the movie, and have moved onto making promotional content! The lighting department is also working on it's final few shots and production is nearing the final stages in anticipation of the film release this month. Keep your eyes peeled for the premier announcement.
This week was all about FX for me. Apart from some minor shading adjustments and leftover shading tasks for several fannypacks I tackled two of the most important melting Sprite FX in the short, as well as burning butterflies and some more hairspray FX for the grove sequence.
I primarily worked on wrapping up the character lineups and making them ready for rendering. Apart from that I set up one of the sets for a breakdown that can be used for the making of as well.
This week was about finishing the lighting for the Grove sequence. There are various set dressing (trash layer), simulation and lighting adjustments needed to wrap things up. We hope to have everything done this week with most of the shots sent to the farm.